Surgical Techniques Used at the Limb Lengthening and Complex Reconstruction Service
Our doctors use various surgical techniques to achieve limb and stature lengthening in our patients. Instead of using a external frame, limbs can now be lengthened using the PRECICE internal nail.
- Animation showing the retrograde technique for lengthening a femur using an intramedullary nail.
- Animation showing femur lengthening using antegrade piriformis entry precice nail
- Animation showing the Limb Lengthening system
- PRECICE Femur Lengthening: Live Surgery by Dr. Robert Rozbruch
- Lengthening of the Femur with a Remote-Controlled Magnetic Intramedullary Nail: Retrograde Technique – PDF
- Lengthening of the Femur with a Remote-Controlled Magnetic Intramedullary Nail: Antegrade Technique – PDF
- A Comparison of Femoral Lengthening Methods Favors the Magnetic Internal Lengthening Nail When Compared with Lengthening Over a Nail – PDF
- PRECICE Tibia Animation
- Tibia Lengthening Using Intramedullary PRECICE Nail